Site Builder & Hosting

 There is so much to consider when staring to build and design a website.  I grew up in a construction environment so I often find myself comparing the task or operation I am working on in terms of building a house.  The first part was trying to classify all the different companies into workable categories.  With the help of my nephew, I figured out that sites like GoDaddy, Bluehost, or HostGator are the ground upon which you build your house.  It is the dirt.  Then Wix, Weebly, or Wordpress are the house without any fixtures or furnishings.  The walls are there and the water and electricity is run throughout but there are no chairs, or pictures, and the walls a painted a basic industrial white.  The domain name is the address to the house so your mail can find you.  This understanding helped me compare apples to apples between the different items we were evaluating.  All my work was academic as I already had a server, and software available to me through my nephew, as web hosting is one of his business offerings.   I now have a web site active with no frills added yet.  That is the next step.  My first ever website is www.rhondasbookshelves.com, short may she live!!

Comments