Legal Structure

 I have been in business with my husband for 30 years and so feel I have a good understanding of the intricacies of setting up and maintain an business.  My knowledge translates well into an online setting as  the business setup does not differentiate drastically from a brick and mortar to an online entity.  Knowing that the process is so similar makes the idea of having an online business more desirable, although I still will probably not start one in the near future.  The research I did was not necessarily informative but it was a good exercise to make sure I was up to speed on processes and formalities.  I am still a big proponent for an L.L.C. even if you are an online affiliate.  Business separation from personal assets can be the only thing that keeps you from being homeless in today's entitled customer climate.  There is such a very low risk of litigation with an online affiliate business but even side hustles are susceptible and as you grow your website and business more risk is created.  Being set up from the beginning means you can grow without constantly worrying is it time to set up some sort of business structure.   While more forms is a hassle, they are far less burdensome than court filings.

Comments