Site Design

 Since I started this class last semester, I already had a web site started.  This week I went back into my site and continued the process I had to put on pause last semester.  I reoriented myself to my site and the process I had in place.  I cleaned up areas I started and added others that I thought would help get me a good grade in the future.  It is by no means an exemplary site but I am satisfied with it so far.  Since I did not start it this semester I though I would include my thought from last semester's post.

"So this week was it, I started creating my very first web site.  I am more than a little intimidated by the whole process but as I get started I am finding I understand a little here and a little there and the holes I am learning to google them.  I started out following a video that was provided in the lesson material and had a mild panic attach when one of the plugins required to move forward was not available.  I took a deep breath and started looking at the options I did find and found one that had the Elementor program that he talked about.  So I loaded that one and thankfully found that it had a video tutorial on how to set up a web site.  The videos are going fast through the material and are assuming steps I have not taken but I am grasping the basics and will work with my nephew on the rest.  I am coming to understand that it is not as difficult to build a website from scratch and I may go a head and design one for my own company when this class is through but I do not think I will even set up a web site to do business solely on the web in the future.  However, it is always good to learn something new and I am definitely doing that."

Comments